The Butler County Suicide Prevention Coalition
Learn the Warning Signs & Prevent Suicide Today!
What Does the Butler County Suicide Prevention Coalition Do?
The Coalition seeks to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and suicide within our community. We engage the community in suicide prevention events and training, increasing the number of people in our county to recognize warning signs of a mental health crisis, and enabling them to respond. The Coalition aligns with the vision of Ohio’s suicide prevention plan to reduce the number of suicides every year until not one life is lost.
Coalition Meetings, Subcommittees and Taskforces
The Coalition meets on the second Thursday of every month 3:00 – 4:30 PM. Currently, the meetings are being held hybrid on Zoom and at Envision Partnerships 2935 Hamilton Mason Rd. Hamilton, OH 45011
- Veteran's Suicide Prevention Subcommittee - meets on 3rd Tues. of the month at 2:00 pm at Butler County Veterans Service Commission office
- Taskforce to Increase Community Readiness in the Black Population - meets on 3rd Monday at 3:30 pm
- L.O.S.S. Team Exploration (Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors) - meets on 3rd Wed. of the month at 11:00 am
- Lethal Means Taskforce – meets on 2nd Wed. of the month at 11:30 am
- LGBTQ Suicide Prevention Taskforce - meets every other week Fridays at 3:00 pm virtual
- Parent Resource Development Taskforce - short-term - Every Other Wed. at 1:30 pm
- "A Walk to Remember" Planning Team - short-term planning - every other Tuesday 1:00 pm and volunteer at Walk on Thurs. before Sept. 10 (World Suicide Prevention Day).
Local Crisis Hotline Numbers
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call the Butler County Crisis Hotline (call or text)
This resource is available 24-hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.